The Honey Trap by Karli Perrin **ARC Review**





After catching her childhood sweetheart cheating on her, Sophia Hamilton is hell-bent on stopping other women from getting played like she was.

And so the played becomes the player.
Fast forward two years and Sophia is now one of San Francisco’s most successful honey trappers. Getting paid to expose cheating men has become the norm but just when she thinks she has seen it all, she is offered a unique proposition which threatens to turn her entire world upside down.
Mason Hunter is a hotel tycoon, millionaire and cheater. Or is he?
Sophia has six weeks to find out.
She quickly discovers that Mason isn't the only one keeping secrets and she becomes caught up in a tangled web of lust, lies and misplaced loyalties.
Lines are crossed. Rules are broken. The real Mason Hunter is about to be exposed. 
The hunt is on. 



4.5 stars
"There is no hope without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love"


Sophia is working as a honey trap. She flirts with married guys and if the guy is willing to cheat on his wife, then she's trapping him for her. A new case, different than any other she has encountered so far and her client is Mason, a well known young and gorgeous businessman. Instead of a one time trap, she has six weeks to find out if Mason is the cheater his wife claims to be. Six weeks that will bring them together and many things are about to get discovered in the way.


The Honey Trap is a debut novel and it's always a challenge and a joy to discover new authors. I'm so happy that I fell about a scene from this book which led me to the author's way and I ended up with a copy in my kindle. I can't tell you how many laugh out loud moments I had with this one!! There are some truly hilarious scenes and I think I won't forget about them anytime soon.

I loved how well written were all the characters in this book and I have a soft spot for Buzz, who is Mason's best friend. I can't wait to read his book!! I think he has an interesting background and his storyline along with his funny character will be amazing!


"I thought you two were over for good this time."
"We are but it was Thursday yesterday."
"What's that got to do with anything?"
"Throwback Thursday. I'm allowed to sleep with my exes, no strings attached."



I have to say that even though I truly enjoyed reading this book, especially the slow burn throughout the book, what actually bummed me was the last 10% of the book. I felt like it was rushed and I don't like rushed endings. Everything happened so fast, their actions didn't make sense and generally the wrap was rushed. I feel like there's something missing now, so yeah I would rather have the ending more extended than it was. I needed an epilogue to keep me happy.

Other than that, this book is great! The characters are awesome, the dialogues are precious and if you need something light, sweet and funny you should definitely pick this up! I'm definitely looking forward to reading more by Karli! :)

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις